|Lesson Plan - 1 hour
A. Introduction (5 minutes)
Write lesson outline on white board.
B. Vocabulary Words (10 minutes)
Match words with the picture
2. Business man
5. Beer tap
6. Beer keg
9. To toast
12. Wine bottle
13. Wine glass
14. Wine cork
21. Table cloth
C. Expressions and social etiquette (5 minutes)
1. Commons expressions used at restaurants
"Cheers" "Are you ready to order?"
"Check please" "Soup or salad?"
2. Tipping at American Restaurants
D. Practice patterns (10 minutes)
1. I will write the following sentences on the white board.
Waiter: Are you ready to order?
Customer: Yes, I would like ___________.
Waiter: Would you like a beer to drink?
Customer: No thank you. May I have a ___________.
Waiter: May I suggest a ______ for desert?
Customer: That sounds great.
2. I will ask the students to insert words in the blanks.
3. I will read the first time.
4. The second time, the class will read the dialogue together.
5. In groups of two, the students will ask each other these questions.
E. Menus (10 minutes)
1. Handout and review the Steak House Restaurant menu hangouts.
a. Each student will receive a photocopied menu.
b. Have each student rotate reading the menus items aloud.
a. The students will now practice ordering with each other in their groups of two.
b. During this time, I will walk around and talk with each student.
c. I will role-play as the waiter and the students as the customers.
F. Dialogue (15 minutes)
1. Split into groups of two to create a dialogue with a minimum of 6 sentences.
2. Create the dialogue using the Attending a Business Lunch picture.
3. During this time, I will walk around and talk with each student.
4. When complete, each group will read aloud their dialogue to the class.
G. Questions and review (5 minutes)
2. Sentence Patterns